Monday, March 10, 2014

I am a son of God

Well this week I decided to change my studies up a little bit.... short and sweet this time so you don't have to read alot!

I'm reading from the Pearl of Great Price.. in Moses, and it is when Moses talks to god, and some interesting things stuck out to me.  There were three times our Father in Heaven calls Moses.. "my son" and says his name. So he's trying to teach us something ... that WE are HIS sons and daughters.. his literal family and he is our Father.  But right when God leaves, what happens? Well,  satan comes and the VERY FIRST thing satan says is "Moses thou son of man" ... and how does Moses react? He says "Who are thou and where is thine glory? "I am a son of God" ... how powerful is that? I AM A SON OF GOD. 

We are his children. He loves each and every one of us.  He wants us to be happy ... not sad! "For the lord maketh no commandment unto the children of men save it he shall prepare a way that they may acomplish the thing which he has commanded".  He doesn't want us to fail, but while here on earth we have temptations and trials to build us up.  I like my favorite quote from nephi "I do not know the meaning of all things, but I know that God loveth his children." So, let me change it around so I can make it personal. We as humans do not know why we have challenges in life, But I KNOW that God Loves ALL his children. If there is one thing we need in life, it is THIS knowledge that GOD LOVES US ALL! and I love you all too!!! Take care!

Love Elder Johnson 

No comments:

Post a Comment