Sunday, September 15, 2013

First Week in the Phillippines

HI!!!! everything is great!!! The people here are so nice!!! It's great!! Except it's like day one of the MTC ... all over again!!!  It's hard to understand because they only taught us gospel principles ... not regular day conversations!! It's going good tho!! it's soooooo humid!!!!! my first week was good taught about seven lessons I think we have one new investigator.. he is really strong in the bible but he is open and he is baptist.. we shared the restoration.. My trainer is good!! He is funny! He is really good with the language! He only has six months left!! My ward is soo great!! I love them all!! I gave a talk that day in English but all is good! It was great! But on P-day we email, shop, wash clothes "by hand" and yes it's very busy ... we are running around everywhere.. 
My first ward is Pulupandan 1st Ward just north of Bacolod. We have to go to Bacolod to shop and things.. the only transportation here is bikes, motorbikes with a cart on the side, and buses!! It's fun and everything is packed though!! Yes my P-day is today which is Monday here Sunday night there!! We get on about 9:00 every week... I haven't gotten the letter yet.. and if you do send a package make sure it's just snacks, food, and letters!! The airplane flight was sooooo long!!!! I couldn't sleep it hurt my neck!! But it was soo cool!!! Thanks glad everything is going well!!! Already week two of the Pulupandan Philippines mission!!! It's crazy!!

Mom:  Ahhhh,  so happy for you...glad your doing good and that you have a good trainer! All is well here... Got all the pictures the mission president posted too... Amazing!! You good? Not sick? Feel safe? All is well?

Cody:  I'm GREAT!!! Not sick, I'm good, safe, and everything is well!!!

First night in the Philippines. Leaving the airport in Manilla.

Hotel they stayed in the first night!

Bacolod Island 

Look how green it is!!

Snack time at the Mission Home!

Apartment

Inside his apartment ...look at all his shoes under his bed!

Already have a pet spider...Oy!

Church Building

Surrounding Houses

Sugar Cane Fields

More Sugar Cane Fields

The missionaries in his area. And two sisters aren't pictured! Six sister and two Elders!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment