Sunday, September 29, 2013

Getting Adjusted... Settling In!

Loving it here!!  Yes, everything is good...we travel sooo much!! And yes, I know the language will come! I can slowly have conversations with members ...but it's coming!!!  My tummy is doing better! Food is good and climate is good! HUMID THOUGH!! SOOO Humid!!! I'm adjusting and it is all going well.
And yes...I'm  SOOOO excited for General Conference!!! I can't wait!! We get to watch it at the church!! Yes I LOVE serving! It's amazing!! I LOVE the people here ...they are all friendly.. We have one baptismal date October 26... and one we are trying to get ready for that date.. He speaks ummm Tagolog... hahahah yes we teach "by the spirit in ingles" he understands it.  Well a little bit... but it is really meaningful simple phrases. The spirit teaches him.  I'm halfway done through the Book of Mormon again!! I love reading! I'm also half way through the New Testimant!! I do love reading and learning every time is read it.  Also the Preach my Gospel!! That is the most helpful thing ever! OHHHH! Nope not homesick! Doing really good!! And settling in.. but This Wednesday I probably prayed the hardest I ever had.. i was getting really frustrated with the language. I couldn't understand it and then I read a poem that Michael sent me.   It really helped out.. but i am doing great now!! Just always trying to improve!! Always room for improvement!  Thank you for everything! I love you!!!

Elder Johnson

Mom:  I asked him if he got an answer to his prayers.

Cody:  It wasn't for an answer.. it was for help.. it was really hard with the language.. but i feel more confident.. i just was struggling with understanding.. but it's better !!

Mom:  Good! He will always come to your aide... He knows what you need but you must do your part... And ask...so good job! I love you...so MUCH! I don't know how much time you have left... But have a wonderful week... And excited to watch conference... And see what talks you and Michael love, too! HUGS!!!!

Cody:  I know he does and I'm grateful for the knowledge I have of that! I love you too... I cannot wait till conference either!!



At least he is eating good! A member in his ward takes care of the missionaries cooks for them and washes their clothes! He sound like an amazing man!

No comments:

Post a Comment