Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Second Email from the Philippines

HEY!! Everything is great!! I'm doing good! My stomach was adjusting to the food ... that's all and should be good soon ...but nope "nothing will stop the work from progressing and baptizing, this is a baptizing mission" -President. To answer your question about ...if we stay in when it's raining? We go out when everyone is in and the work keeps going! Just get our umberellas and man up!, The language is coming!  Better then the first week!  Yes our p-days are crazy!!! We keep moving and there isn't any shopping places in Pulupandan, so we have to take a bus to the other places.. which takes a while.. but it is all good! We just shop and wash clothes!! Our ward mission leader is amazing!! He makes us food, washes our clothes, and comes with us in all our teachings and helps us with referrals!! He is the most helpful ever!! He is great and a huge blessing to us! His name is Brother Jhon! P-day is great! We have two meetings with investigators tonight after P-day ends ...so I hope those don't fall through!  My trainer is amazing!! He is so helpful! 
I've realized how important the Preach My Gospel is! I like this quote, "we need to be preach my gospel SCHOLARS" it has every single thing we need in there! If we have that down.. we can teach anyone and anything!! Pulupandan 1st Ward is amazing!! It's about 40 members but umm..... 300 inactive.. it's hard.. just need to reactivate them all.. they are all sooooo busy here! Alway working and running around ... They have so much to do.
LOVE YOU ALL!!  P.s.   ohhhh and mambas and oreos and starbursts and those carmels with the soft carmel in it! they don't have any american candy here!!

Love, Elder Johnson

I said during emailing with Cody: I bet you took for granite all the conviences you had here. He responded, " Yeah huh no kidding!! I miss a lot of things there...like hot showers! And a SHOWER HEAD!! We use buckets! But it's all good!"



No comments:

Post a Comment