Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Such a relief to hear from Cody


Yes you will hear from me! haha but i am doing great!! It wasn't bad at all in Pulupandan area.. we just stayed in ourapartmentt we weren't allowed to evacuate to the church. It wasn't bad at all in Pulupandan! It was very windy and rainy alot more than the US but... not like horrible!! It was way bad in Cadiz that is up north by the ocean we weren't close to it.. we only had one and half days of rain and wind.. President Lopez was texting us that he would update you all on facebook and I said.. that's probably my mom that is worried. but all is well.... no damage, no injuries, no deaths, no house damage in Pulupandan so all is well here. Don't worry and I am doing great!!  It really wasn't bad at all in our area!! We did service that next day and just brushed leaves because they were everywhere and all over the place!!! Tell everyone I am perfectly fine! Just a normal rain storm in Pulupandan, but up north it was WAY bad I heard! Not sure tho!! We weren't allowed to go out for three days tho because of the warnings and just incase it happened! But I am good!
Well I've noticed lately how important it is to have Christ-like love and charity. That is the most I have been praying for.. It is sooo important that people feel your love. That is the source of where everything starts, if you are warm and caring or if you are not. Like Jacob, I have been praying to feel the pains and trials of the people I teach! I want to know exactly what they feel and suffer with them! That is the only true way that we can become perfect like our Savior, to love those around us. The first commandment is "Thou shalt love the lord thy god and second is like unto it, thou shalt love thy neighbor as unto myself. " There is a reason that these two are the first two commandments. That is because they are the MOST important! We need to love those around us and treat them how we would want to be treated... If you were in the middle of the hardest times in your life. That is my testimony and I know that as we love those around us and become more Christ-like we will find more opportunities to reach out to those around us! And will see many miracles in our life!!
Love you mom!!!
Love Elder Johnson

This is mom:  I was so relieved to hear from Cody.  We weren't sure if he was one of the ones without power.  There is still a lot of the Philippines that won't have power till later this week and some till January, they say.  
After talking with Cody, I realized that he didn't know the reality of things.  He had heard that Northern Negros Occidental  was hit hard.  And it was ...but he had no idea about Leyte or Iloilo... Nor did I go into detail.  I asked him what he did for three days.  And it was just like I invisioned... Studying, drawing, and eating candy corn (he said the snack are all gone).  And why my package got there in two weeks... Tender mercy ...no other reason!
I'm just beyond grateful he somehow weathered the storm and thought .... This isn't too bad! Looking at the storm pattern, I'm just overwhelmed that the typhoon didn't slam Bacolod or Pulupandan. It very well could have and I don't ask why...just beyond grateful.  I will echo what the mayor of Bacolod said, "It is a Miracle!" It was a nerve racking few days, full of emotions, tears and waiting for news.  He has no idea ... And from reading reports a lot of missionaries reporting to parents they are not aware of the panic.  Amongst all the devastation and destruction ... All missionaries in 21 mission as have been accounted for and are safe.
What a HUGE blessing from The Lord. I included some pictures below of the Phillipines ... It is crazy how it can touch one spot and miss another...not all of these are in Cody's Assigned Mission but are from various areas over there. He will be amazing when he gets home and sees all the destruction and his area was spared.


































No comments:

Post a Comment