Monday, December 16, 2013

I Dwelt In a Tent

We had our first baptism and it truly was AMAZING!!  When he was bearing his testimony the question popped into my head that our president asked us, "when we leave the area ... will he stay in the church and is he truly converted?" But as this 13 year old kid ... bore his testimony, with tears in his eyes, and barely able to speak ... says "I know that this is the only true church on the earth". I couldn't help but answer, "Yes, of course he is going to stay!!" This is what this work is about. This is where all the hours and hard work go, to saving souls and bringing them to find happiness. I have been so blessed and guided by The Lord here in Pulupandan for five months. The Lord truly does answer our prayers, if we truly mean it. He will not hesitate to answer them.
I had an experience this week was with a less active member family. We went there and of course, one of my favorite songs was playing next door. I have previously attempted to pray and ask to stop the music, for just a little bit in earlier lessons with other investigators... but I realized I didn't really mean it. But this time was different, I asked from the bottom of my heart, with all my trust in God to stop the song. And to my surprise the song stopped ... for the whole lesson. These little miracles are welcomed to all. I thanked The Lord for what he did and the help he gave me! He truly does listen to each and every one of us!! I promise that he hears our prayers... No matter how simple they might be.
I am doing good! No worries over here. Not a lot of work in the area ... the storm wasn't bad at all in our area.  The work is moving forward.  We are doing great! I have learned in this weeks training for our  zone about leaving things behind. It really did help me and that was one of my problems. We read the scripture "and my father dwelt in a tent" everyone knows it! But there is more to the scripture than that. It is saying that Lehi and his family left all their "gold, silver, priceless possessions, his house" and more! He was a wealthy man it seems as we read, but that scripture means more. He left all his things, just to listen and obey the commandment of The Lord.  He left all his stuff for NOTHING! That is why that scripture is there. To teach us that he left all his comfy stuff at home and is now living in a tent.  With the things that are really important, his family and The Lord.  This is what I learned. I hope it helped you learn something just like I did.  I'm grateful for the knowledge that I have! 

Love Elder Johnson



No comments:

Post a Comment