Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Merry Christmas

It was an amazing Skype ... one that was anticipated for quite some time!!  Only getting to see them on Christmas Day and Mother's Day... we LOVE our Skype calls from our missionaries! We had 20 minutes with Elder Cody Johnson.  He looks so good, so happy and grown-up! He sounds amazing and just like I remembered! Oh the JOYS of getting to see him... one of the BEST Christmas gifts EVER!  I guess Matthew couldn't say prayer before he left, because he was quite surprised to hear he can say prayer on his own now.  So he asked if he could say a prayer for him, so we had our family prayer with Cody!! He also said Christmas there is different.  Some have Christmas Trees but instead of presents they have food under the trees.  The last few minutes are always hard because you know the time is coming to a close... so we asked Cody to bear his testimony in Hiligaynon.  It was beautiful and tears were streaming down my face... he has a testimony.  Whatever language you speak the Spirit will testify of it truth and I felt it and couldn't deny that my son has a testimony of Jesus Christ. I'm so grateful for my son.  He gives me tremendous strength and my faith has been strengthened by having sons serve missions.  I've been blessed... very blessed!!!
 
 
We had technical difficulties at first... we couldn't see him and then we got disconnected!!

 
And then we get to see his SMILING face!!

 
So grateful for technology that we are able to Skype with Elder Johnson half way around the world!!

 
This is as clear as it gets of his face!!!

 
We LOVE our brother who is serving The Lord on a mission in the Philippines!

No comments:

Post a Comment