Sunday, October 19, 2014

Do you Believe

This week didn't have a whole lot going on. Yesterday was probably the most exciting thing that happened. Well let's see, As me and my companion were the first ones at church with the Branch President we were there for about 10 minutes and we see these two people walking to the church in this old old old clothes, One was the father (turns out he is a less active member) and one was the son(non-member). As they get to us the kid is just shaking like crazy and the dad tells us "he's possessed" so i'm like woah wait i've NEVER experienced this before, and this kid is just speaking weird things about satan and his dad is trying to explain us the story and the kid says "i saw satan, he was black and he had horns" and just keeps speaking about it. so we take him to the Branch Presidents office and we ask "Do you beleive in Jesus Christ?" he replies "yes" we ask "what do you feel right now?" and he answers "I don't have any strength in my body and my head is so painful." It wasn't one of those raise the right hand experiences but I ended p giving him a blessing and as I was giving him a blessing he was just shaking like crazy and it was probably the shortest and most powerful things i've ever said. After the blessing the kid stops shaking. He stays in church and I could look into his eyes and see that he was still scared of what happened, but I would just put my hand on his shoulder and tell him "everything will be okay, just have faith in Jesus Christ." I could just see his countenance change and see that he was returning back to his normal state. I know that the Priesthood is real. It is truly the power of God to do miracles here on the earth. I know that according to our worthiness we can do anything that the Lord will have us do. I love you all and pray for you all daily! 
Love Elder Cody Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment