Sunday, October 19, 2014

General Conference

GENERAL CONFERENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! finally the time has come.. yes like all the other foreign countries i was able to watch it a week later. But still, the same message. As i went in with a certain question in my head, of course it was answered. I forgot my notes so i'll share from memory and the spirit, but hey i'll share my favorite quotes that hit me the hardest. "Jesus. was. home-less." have we ever thought about that? i don't think anyone has actually thought that deep about it. Elder Holland explained so well how much we should help the needy and the poor, like Jesus who had NOTHING gave whatever he had to ALL those around him! another one was of course the most common invitation in this 184th session of general conference was Moroni 10:4-5. Sometimes we forget about it. Sometimes as members we just "accept it" we do not actually do because it's what we've been told our WHOLE life! The talks about gaining a testimony and truly asking our Father in Heaven if it's true hit me so hard. I cannot explain how I felt, But the Lord did touch me that that is what i needed to do, and so should we all. We need to know for ourselves that Joseph Smith was indeed a prophet of God and until this very day there is a Lineage of authority from Joseph Smith to the Living prophet President Thomas S. Monson. Like David A. Bednard said "you just have to test it." I invite you all read from Moroni 10:4-5, ponder in your heard what is really inside this scripture from God, and to kneel in sincere prayer like the apostles have invited, and ask our Father in Heaven in the name of Jesus Christ if Joseph Smith was indeed a Prophet of God. I know that he will answer. He will give you feeling that you have never felt in your life. And you will KNOW of a surety that Joseph Smith was Gods instrument in these last days. I love you all, I pray for you all, and I know especially that our Father in heaven does truly love you all beyond your comprehension.
Love, Elder Cody William Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment