Sunday, October 19, 2014

It's true!

This week.. AMAZING. FINALLY after working and working and working also after changing and changing and changing we see the fruit of our labor. The Abuana Family CAME TO CHURCH! Not just mom, but the WHOLE family!! YES!!!!!!!!  As we were sitting and as sacrament was starting they all walked in and was just sooo excited!! I can't explain the happiness for this family. But we did follow up that Sunday night and asked "How did you actually feel about church? Do you have any questions about it?" And she said "No Elder I do understand and everything I felt at church and everything you have said to us has all come out as truth and has touched me like I've never felt before in my life." It was like "what, are we hearing this right? As me and my companion just look at each other and smile" we ended up teaching and finishing the restoration that through Joseph Smith the Church of Christ was restored from it's lost state and how there is a living prophet, twelve apostles, and preisthood on the earth today only in the church of jesus christ of latter day saints. We invited for them to ask for themselves if joseph smith was a true prophet. Of course all said yes, but the mom said, "Elders I already know it's true, I cannot deny what I've felt." So, we return with a baptism invitation on the 18th of October and another blessing THEY ACCEPTED! YES!!! I know and testify that the Lord has led us to them through her daughter Stephanie. Without her this would not have happened. 
ALSO THERE'S MORE! As my companion asks "where are we going now" (this is thursday) i say "let's go to Dol-Dol" it's our furthest area in our boundaries haha(it was a prompting of mine)... but he hesitates and say's okay we go out there, we do contact these members like we planned BUT on the way back we are heading home this car drives bye stops and an american sticks his head out the window and says "HEY! where are you going!?" and we say "back to valladolid" then he replies "I've been looking for an opportunity to meet and talk to you guys!" so we say "well, how about now?" and he says "YES!" so we go to his house end up talking and he has been here in the philippines for 12 years, has a family, knows ilonggo, and is VERY VERY NICE! BUT don't say it's perfect haha.. But THE LORD DOES GUIDE US! just be prepared and ready to follow. He will bless and bless and BLESS us ONLY if we follow.
Love Elder Cody Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment