Thursday, August 1, 2013

First Letter Written from the MTC

Dear Family,
Kamusta Ka! How are you?  The MTC is AMAZING ...everyone here is so friendly! Our first day we had orange dots on our tags.  Everyone said "Welcome to the MTC"!  Kuapod Ko, Elder Carnahan Elder Hillman.  We are a trio.  We have our own room ... just us three.  The language is difficult but it is going muayo gid "very good".  We are teaching oan investigator tommorrow and it's only the THIRD day!  Me and my companions get along very well.  We have not much in comoon but we are very close.  Our zone leaders are so AWESOME!!  They just come chill with us in our residence.  Us three Elder are the only Elders in our district!  Elder Carnahan is District Leader, I'm Senior Companion, and Elder Hillman is Junior Companion.  Sister McDonald is our Language teacher.  She only speaks Hiligaynon to us.  I only hear single English words to help a little she is very good.
How are the Brothers doing?
I only know little phrases at the moment.  Ako si Misyonero Elder Johnson.  Mga santos su ulihing mga adlaw.  Mga representante kami ni ginu-ong Jesu Cristo.  "I am missionary Elder Johnson.  We are missionaries of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints.  We are Representatives of the Lord Jesus Christ."  Well its getting late here.  Almost lights out and I have to study for the investigator! I will write you soon! Lots of love to the familya! I love you!!  Maoyony Gab-i "Good night"

Love, Elder Johnson


No comments:

Post a Comment