Thursday, August 8, 2013

First Week in Review

To Basically sum up July 31st -August 4th:  July 31st I got to the MTC at about 1:00 in the afternoon and I got out and gave my family hugs and another missionary took me within just a few minutes to get all my Hiligaynon Books!  There were so many books!! Throughout the day I went to a couple of talks, then to my class where the teacher only spoke Hiligaynon!!!  I only remembered a couple of things:  "Ako si Elder Johnson" which is my name is Elder Johnson.  On August 1st we learned a lot of language.  It is really hard to get the hang of it but I was getting it a little better.  Nothing really went on that day, Just studied the language ... like crazy!  August 2, we had to teach an investigator, his name is Marianeto.  I didn't really talk a lot.  I couldn't put the words together but I could kind of understand what they were saying.  August 3rd we got to teach Marianeto agian.  He was very open about everything.  I talked extremely well.  I bore my testimony to him about My livro ni Mormon kay pumilya.   Then he asked what the Book of Mormon was?  Me and my companions couldn't really explain it but were trying.  After thinking for a little .... it hit me! To read out of the introduction and I did so.  It looked like he felt the spirit.  After that I committed him to read Moroni 10 and he said he would.  We will see August 5th when we meet with him again.  August 4th was my first Sunday in the MTC and it was Fast Sunday, too!  We had so many meetings!!  But it was a VERY spiritual day1!  I learned today that with God all things are possible.  That The Lord will make up the difference and help us become what he wants us to be.  And that he wants all his children to return back to him.   Also, that the Book of Mormon combined with the spirit is the single most effective way to conversion.  That The Lord will lead us to the people.  2 Nephi 31:  11-12, 2 Nephi 31:21, 2 Nephi 31:5, and Acts 2:38are all amazing scriptures to Baptism.  I'd like to close with my testimony: (he wrote in both English and Hiligaynon)

I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is true.  I k now that the Book of Mormon is true and is the word of God.  I k now that Joseph Smith is a true prophet and restored the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
In the Name of Jesus Christ, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment